Saturday, June 09, 2007

Success!

Well I got the results in the post today and I'm pleased to say I have been successful in the election for the NEC Young Members Seat. It's always a real honour when members put their faith in you and give you a mandate to represent them.

And represent them is what I'll do, over the next two years I promise to work hard for our young members across UNISON, those who voted for me as well as those who didn't. I will talk to you and I will listen and do my best to fight for what's right on our NEC.

I will always work with those who share our values and I look forward to working with all those on the NEC to achieve a strong union, fighting and winning for our members.

I would also like to pay tribute to Daniel Robertson, a candidate who I often agree with and who was a really strong candidate. I'm sure that Daniel will continue to represent young members and that we haven't seen that last of him.

I would also like to congratulate two members who have recently left the National Young Members Forum who have been elected onto the NEC, Angela Bowen elected in the North West Region and Fiona Smith elected in Scotland.

So now the hard work starts of steering the union for our members over the next two years.